vendredi 8 juin 2012

VIOLET - I COME UNDONE - MUSIC 2012

Bob Geldof's daughter Pixie, otherwise known as Violet, lets us listen to the second track from the double single she'll be releasing via Luv Luv Luv Records on 7th May. Like on “Y.O.U.”, which we brought you about a month ago, on “I Come Undone” she looks for inspiration in the serene and warm, country-tinged dream-folk of 90s bands like Tarnation or Mazzy Star, who she admittedly adores. The 21 year-old Londoner has taken her musical moniker from Hole’s 1994 hit of the same name. “Hole was a huge influence on me growing up in a lot of ways – their music, their look - and ‘Violet’ is one of my favourite songs,” she explains. “The music is angry and dark and aggressive but it’s still a love song; there’s still a soft sentiment to it, the lyrics are fragile. I like that juxtaposition in music but I’ve kind of reversed it in my work; I wanted the music to be soft but the lyrics to be darker and heavier.” Violet - 'I come Undone' - Directed by Alasdair McLellan

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire