mardi 4 octobre 2011

RAYMOND MEEKS - PRETTY GIRLS WANDER - 2011



"We live our lives in widening circles, rarely appreciating their nature and how

they bring us back. In a year, my daughter will be leaving home and is no

stranger to a wanderlust I once knew. I always felt it was important to have

a strong sense of place, to identify with a certain place as “home”, even as for

us, home, family and place are ideals which have taken on relative meaning.

I photograph close to home as memory looses structure, its architecture,

trying to make light speak from the fixed edges of rooms long vanished.

I find a measure of relief in a query from Wright Morris, who wrote;

“what is there between the branch and the apple when it falls

we have seen it-we would recognize it anywhere. yet of an evening, we

are told nothing is there”.























Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire